[Dailydrool] Oh dear .... so behind - Holiday Edition

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 09:41:25 PST 2010

As usual I'm behind in Drools.  But as I have off today and I'm laid up with a
cold I think today will be good for watching Christmas movies on the couch,
reading Drools and napping with sounds of doggy snoring for a lullaby.

For Christmas this year I bought the boys Steelers fleece coats from Waddleiwear
on etsy.  I wanted to order them sooner but the funds weren't available for
that.  This is the first year I have bought them coats but with Flash's age he
seems to shake when we go out and Ryu being a Caribbean dog has never seen the
sense in winter.

As I had to work this weekend and went to a party last night were there was a
dog.  I therefore was made accutely aware of the hazards to animals during
Christmas and having people to your house who aren't aware of them.  Last night
someone left a chocolate cupcake on a plate on the floor and the border collie
went right over too it.  Luckily I was keeping an eye on him.  But the guests
there weren't thinking about the fact that there was a dog there.  After a few
drinks people don't really pay attention to things and put a plate with dark
chocolate on the coffee table.  Also this weekend someone put Zodiac Spot On for
31-60# dog on their cat.  "Gee doc I don't know why she went into convulsions,
we put Revolution on her earlier."  Once they brought the package in I sent her
right over to ER.  Last I heard she is doing well.

So not to get preachy because I know you guys know already - but be careful with
guests in the house and toxins, chemicals, tree water additives, etc. Also the
week before Christmas is when there are alot of pets put to sleep as older
animals seem to not have the fight anymore to make it through the cold months.
It breaks my heart to think that I'm putting pets down so close to the holidays
as this is a time to spend with the ones you love.  I hope everyone has a good
holiday season and hug your puppies close as they are the lucky ones to have a
home for the holidays.

Laura
Flash
and Ryu

PS Thanks to those who have sent us cards this year, due to the wedding
we've had to cut corners and the card exchange was sadly one of them.