[Dailydrool] Ah-rooing in

Beverly Gorman bevagorman at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 11:23:00 PST 2010

Dis beez mah fustist mess-a-jeg to do fowks at da dwool. Ah beez Duke ob da Gwen Wock Gwollers. Ah nue tooda dwool cuz ah gotz a new fambilly an comed to libb wiff Bwossum an her fur buddy, Kogee (him notz hawnd, but himz ok leedle guy.) Ah used to libb wiff anudder fambilly, but demz desided dat de no wantz da Duke no moe. Ah notz no whut ah didded wong to makez dem no wantz me no moe, Ahrooooo!

Enney wayz, Bwossum's mawmmy wanded a brudder or sisser fo herz to pway wiff, and herz find me on craigees wist. Dey take me home wiff dem and ah gotz a new fambilly now. Ah had dem buggies dat bitez weally bad, an me had sores on me back dat mawmmy put dah medisin on. Den da dadperson takes me to see do vetman and dey twimmed me toebones, cuz dey wuz so long, ah wuz habbin twubble walkin.

Mawmmy and dadperson sez ah am a jenamin bassid hawnd, cuz da onliest time ah be a bodder is when ah needz to go outside, or when dey pootz me in dat cwate. Ah nebber bin in a cwate befo, ah not like it in dere much.

So now ah hab a new fambilly ah getz to be pawt ob da dwool fambilly too!

Dis Duke da jenamin sine-in off fo now.

We feel so fortunate to have found Duke listed on Craig's list. The previous owners were getting rid of him because they had too many other dogs, and had a pit bull that had just had puppies that was very aggressive to him. They claim to have had him for a year and had gotten him from someone that had abused him. He does have several scars, so obviously had some injuries previously. He has been such a gentle loving soul and just wants to be loved and cuddled. Truly a gentleman basset hound. He has been with us just over a week and is starting to come out of his shell now. What a joy to see him run and play with Blossom and to have him run to greet me, when he hears the sound of my voice.

I will keep you posted on his progress,

Beverly, mom to the Glen Rock Growlers