[Dailydrool] Thank you - Hero's List

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 13:30:33 PST 2010

In rescue the Howlidays are the craziest time of the year outside of July
4th - and every year I wonder how we will ever make it through and retain
some  portion of sanity.  Friends and Family usually realize they won't be
seeing  me at all, as I have over the years retired to the "cave" of the ranch
to keep  the hounds toasty, happy - and to save every life we can possibly
handle during  this very hard time.

The Howliday Cards are so wonderful.  I really can't thank everyone  enough
for sending them, and for realizing there is no possible way to tell you
the impact and joy they have both here at Daphneyland, and our very special
Hero  - Dr. Kim at Roswinn.

Last week rescue needs forced the need for me to be at Dr. Kim's  office
every single day. Beginning with the pneumonia boy out of the shelter  Morgan
we also had surgeries, an amputation, the Carson girl Truffles who was on
IV for 12 hours, the Baldwin Park boy who was neglected - so many crisis
cases  and can I tell you that at every unplanned visit last week I walked into
see  Droolers Howliday Cards from across the land - in the waiting room, in
the exam  rooms, in the surgery area - even the bathroom.  Dr. Kim and his
staff LOVE  the cards and display then proudly, and for me - to walk in with
a crisis, to be  standing in the middle of an emergency and to have hounds
from all over the land  watching over our shoulders as we help the next
rescue case, and the next and  the next after that.....  There are no words to
say except -

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the Holidays easier with
all those guardian hounds keeping vigil at both Daphneyland, and Dr. Kim's
office.

Pearl via her Foster Mom Synthia has this to say:
_http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0099009/photos/56705644@N05/5272534458/_
(http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0099009/photos/56705644@N05/5272534458/)

Lots of tears this year -
Dawn of the West and all of us at
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
Join our facebook causes page - 2011 members for  2011!!! Get BaRNi at
Daphneyland updates, help the hounds have Happy Holidays!!!  Visit our webpage
to connect!!