[Dailydrool] Basset hound quilt

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 10:54:02 PST 2010

I have been taking quilting classes for the past year and a half. I have just
finished up the bed quilts I was making as Christmas presents for family, and
wanted to share pictures of the basset hound quilt that I made. It features
"portraits" (caricatures) of Bo and Harley wearing their PBF uniforms. To see
it, go to my website: www.vlbzwick.com Then go to the box on the left of the
home page that says "Fabric appliques/quilts" and double-click. Then go to the
picture of the bassets and double click on that and the whole quilt and detail
close-ups will come up. I'm pleased with how it came out.

Next year, I plan to do a quilt or two for basset rescue. I have a couple of
good ideas--including asking other drooler/quilters to do blocks and combining
them, and also asking for leftover "t-shirts" (any size) from Rescues and
combining them into a "t-shirt quilt". (I have seen some gorgeous quilts like
this). But this will need to wait until after the holidays as it's super busy
here at our house now (and we might actually be getting that foreclosed house we
bid on--fingers crossed). Aloha, Val