[Dailydrool] Wheelchair for a Basset

decadog at cox.net decadog at cox.net
Wed Dec 22 19:07:50 PST 2010

First I'd like to congratulate Montana and Utah for their big wins in the Shelter Challenge. Double Yippee--with a side of Drool! I know how LVBR felt when our "Jamie" won an Honorable Mention (and $1,000) in the Bissell Pet contest. It's amazing to win that amount with just some steady clicking by devoted Basset lovers.

One of our prior adopters has a 13 y.o. Basset with a disintegrating spine. She's not in pain, but will be in need of a wheelchair soon, as it's harder every day for her to get up and walk very far. Can any of you lead me to companies or websites that you've used & trusted, with a fair price (they are seeing prices online of $500--is that the going rate)? "Gracie" is 50 lbs size. In the meantime, they are fashioning a sling for lifting and getting her going. I'd appreciate any suggestions to pass onto the family, so they get a good product. Please email me at decadog at cox.net.
Merry Christmas and Happy Howlidays to all hounds and their food slaves.
Darlene, Las Vegas Basset Rescue.