[Dailydrool] Happy Holiday (and nails!)

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 05:33:32 PST 2010

We originally had to muzzle Jersey when she first came to us to do her
nails. She was just miserable about having them done. Her lips would go up
to her eyebrows and she would have been happy to relieve us of a finger or
two! Over the past year we have finally stopped using the muzzle with her.
She still growls but she hasn't snapped in a very long time. Shadow just
suffers very quietly through the whole process. Suzy cries and sounds like
she's being killed but she doesn't really fight us over it. Then there is
Ginger, aka PITA! We have tried everything with this Houndette and have
finally given up and we take her to our vet. I love it when she comes
prancing out after her nails have been done and the techs tell me what a
good girl she is. I don't think they believe me when I tell them she turns
into Cujo when we try to cut them here at home!

I hope that we can participate in the card exchange next year. It sounds
like a lot of fun! In the meantime, we're sending heart healing drool mixed
with prayers from me to all in need. The Houndettes, the DH and I wish each
and every one of you a blessed holiday season and a happy and healthy New
Year!

Jane, Marty & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger