[Dailydrool] Abraham's Nails

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 06:48:51 PST 2010

First of all, Happy Happy Howlidays to all.  Second of all Abraham  just
finished 21 weeks of his chemo protocol and remains in  remission....YAHOO!!!
keeping 16 paws crossed in this house he continues to do  well.  Speaking of
paws Abraham's nails can be cut every two weeks...no  lie.  They grow
sooooooooo quickly but the problem is he will not allow me  to cut them.
Sometimes when he is sound a sleep I can maybe cut one or two  till he wakes and
reacts.  During one of our Chemo visits I pointed out to  the Vet Tech that
maybe possibly they could cut his nails and she replied, "no  problem".    Now
I don't know how many of you live in New Jersey  or know what the Chemo
Protocol costs in our great state but it is thousands of  dollars....less than
10 more than 5...don't you know that on that particular  visit they had the
gall and I mean gall to charge me $19.00 to cut his  nails.  It's just the
little things that put me over the edge.  Weeks  later my favorite Vet Tech
brought Abe or he brought her out to me  and she  said he fell fast asleep
during his treatment so they took advantage and the  opportunity to cut his
nails without me asking.  I was so pleased.  I  guess because I asked they had
to charge ,....yeah right!!!  In the past I  have taken Abe to Petsmart to
have his nails cut and dremeled...I think they  charge $10 or $11.  When I
bring him in , I leave the grooming area as he  reacts more when I am in
sight...I do my shopping and they page me when he is  done.  One of the groomers
found it much easier to leave his foot flat on  the table instead of
holding it.  She said he was much better doing it that  way.

Shelley  and Abraham Ga-linkin, etc.