[Dailydrool] Happy Howlidays

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:43:00 PST 2010

Happy Howlidays everyone.

Thank you so much for supporting me throught the loss of Charles this year.  Today is his Gotcha Day.  Christmas Eve, 1997 we found my heart dog at the Monterey County SPCA.  Little did we know he was sick with Heartworm.  But we healed his heart and he filled our hearts with love for every single day he was with us - and he continues to fill mine from the Rainbow Bridge.

Several people had far harder times this year than we did.  Hope we were able to help them a wee bit.  (You know who you are!)  It is one thing to loose a dog at age 16 and quite another to have a devastating accident.  I pledge not to forget you at Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day and Easter coming up in the New Year.  I am crazy for holidays and try to always remember those I love at these times.

I have never met a more supportive group of people than Droolers.  So pleased to have met a number of you in person this year and hope to meet many more of you at book signings and Basset events in the New Year.

Thank you for buying my books.  Every single purchase resulted in donations to House of Puddles or ABC or SHA or AZBHR or BRF or all the rest of the alphabet of wonderful people who support Basset Rescue.  Hope to continue supporting rescue with Drool and Donations in the New Year too!

Thanks for supporting me emotionally this year.  I count my friends by the dozens of cards that fill my kitchen and dining room - most of them have houndies on them!  I count my blessings by the noses I hold near and dear and by those waiting for me up in heaven.

Hitting the eggnog a bit early today as I have a slightly disfunctional family to celebrate with tonight - thanks for being my family in Drool - far more functional and far more understanding that I am just a little sad today in my first Christmas without my heart dog.

xoxo

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK!