[Dailydrool] Need ER surgery drool

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:08:04 PST 2010

Ok, to make this basset related. All kinds of dog issues here.
Bassets--Maggie ripped a toe nail when out of town yesterday had to super
glue it and put a sock on it. Got to get her into vet to have it take care
of tomorrow (closed today). Mazzie--fusion queen. Wears diaper at night for
incontinence. Decided to do a #2 in her diaper the other night. Layed in it
like nothing happened. Nasty and smelled horrible. Not the first time she
did it either. Only 7 years old. Cooper, doxie, and Maggie set off mouse
traps with body parts at my mom's too which were hidden behind items. They
had peanut butter on them though.

Now, we need EMERGENCY DROOL PLEASE ASAP. The baby brother, Harvey the mini
doxie is going into surgery right now--7 pm on Thursday night at the ER vet.
He spent all day Tuesday at our vet on fluids due to fast vomitting and
starting to go into ataxia. Came home that night. Bland diet. Belching
Wednesday--call to our vet. Ok--as long as eating. Only eats a little dinner
on Wed. Vomits bile 4 times Wed before dinner. Thursday am--our vet closed.
Harvey vomits digested feces, dark bile, and last nights dinner times two.
Belching poo smell. Taken to ER vet with a call placed prior. On fluids
again. X-ray taken. No object found, but stomach is full. Full of what?
Ultrasound done. Stomach full of fluid? Small bowel is majorally distended
and the opening between stomach and small bowel is very narrow. Perhaps an
obstruction now? Exploratory surgery for 7 pm Eastern time as in 5 minutes
ago. I am a nervous reck! Plus, I am on call for work so everytime the phone
rings I want to flip and I can't have a glass of wine to calm myself due to
the on call.

Please send emergency drool. We have, as always, been mostly on facebook,
not on the drool, but busy with work and holidays and 5 dogs. Thinking of
all of you.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,