[Dailydrool] Howliday Exchange

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at free.fr
Fri Dec 31 08:53:43 PST 2010

Bonejour, it's "da mum" chipping in from France (no, I don't woof,
well not yet, anyway )

I have done the long list on the Card exchange every year for the past
10 years and every year I get rattled because several cards are always
missing.  In 10 years I never got EVERY card, but there are those who
have problems, the postal services can sometimes be a bit wierd etc
etc so I never mentioned it before.

I really do sympathise with you, Veronica, but as someone mentioned -
there could be long delays with the post this year.  I am still
missing 35 cards but that is way less than you and I'm all the way in
France.  I've also had some cards coming through looking like they've
been chewed!!!!  Any bassets been recruited in the Post Office
recently????  Luckily, only the enveloppes were badly damaged and the
cards survived <whew>

All said, I still enjoy receiving all the cards and creating my own
and sending them off.  It is very expensive but that's my Howliday
present to myself.  Maybe some people just don't realise the actual
cost of the whole adventure before signing up ?

I'd be the last one to want this (cuz I collect basset cards, just in
case you didn't know hehehehe) but one idea would be to sign up for a
virtual card exchange and with the money not being wasted on the
postal services (sorry if there are any postmen out there) we could
make a donation to a Rescue?  Even though I love getting cards, I'd
much rather donate the 300$ to a rescue as opposed to the Post
Office !!!!! Just a thought!

As we will be reaching 2011 before all of you to the west of us, we'll
drink a toast to you all at midnight.

Hugs and drool from the gurlz for you all

Eleri

Pw Penny - It'll be next year here, when it's last year with you
hehehehhe
Pw Polly - Huh?

Eleri Pastouret
www.bassettissimmo.com