[Dailydrool] Need advice and drool

Nancy Schaefer jonquil at attglobal.net
Fri Dec 31 10:18:08 PST 2010

Hello to all,

We have just returned from an emergency trip to the vet with our Toby.  He
was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma, with the expectation that this will be
fatal in the near future.  Toby is 13 and except for a bad back, he has
always been my healthiest dog.  I know that at 13, he isn't going to live
forever, but I don't know if we should consider surgery or not.  At this
time, the tumor appears to be only in his spleen.   Toby is not a stoic dog;
he has always been my baby, and we are trying to do whatever we can to keep
him comfortable.    Any advice or information you can share would be most
appreciated.  Thank you, and best wishes for the New Year to all.

Nancy, mom to Toby and Hadley, and Casey atb