[Dailydrool] A magnificent, reasonably affordable basset hound carriage

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 20:38:33 PST 2010

Aloha. For Christmas, Bo and I received a wonderful basset hound stroller.

I had written to the Drool awhile back soliciting advice about wagons and carts
and carriages for bassets who refused to walk very far (due to old age, back
problems, laziness, or general bassetude). I had summarized my findings, which
are in the archives somewhere. We settled on a garden cart from Lowes, but I
soon discovered that I couldn't navigate down hills with it (think of the luge
event in the Olympics), nor would Bo stay in it without being strapped down,
moaning piteously. So the garden cart joined the garden tools and our problem
remained. We had looked at jogging strollers and pet strollers, but they were
either too small or too expensive or both.

BUT--my husband found one that works great--carries weights up to 115 pounds;
pushes like a stroller; and was actually not as expensive as the garden cart
from Lowes. It is a lightweight aluminum framed, nylon and mesh-sided affair
with three wheels and a handle. It can be used either as a stroller or a bike
trailer. And it allegedly folds to fit in the car (we haven't tried this yet).
Bo was not afraid, since he could see out the mesh on all sides. The cost is
$140 plus shipping and it comes from a place in Wisconsin. Here is the web
address--I'm afraid I may have just gotten a few of those pesky ?s in the
address because of a typo so I'm starting again--
http://www.discountramps.com/dog-bike-trailer.htm If that address doesn't get
you to thje page, the company is Discount Ramps.com Their phone number is
1-888-651-3431 or, outside of the USA, 262-338-3431 I'm really pleased. (I don't
have any affiliation with this company). I just thought this might be useful to
a lot of other Droolers too. I can handle both of my bassets--Harley
athletically trotting next to the stroller and Bo inside. Woo hoo. Val