[Dailydrool] Arthritis

Sally K. Russell sally at slokr.com
Sat Feb 13 12:52:15 PST 2010

Does anyone have experience with arthritis in the spine?  Pixel woke up this morning and could not move her hind legs.  Took her to the vet who did X-rays and found some vetebral narrowing, a little arthritis in the hips but thankfully nothing else.  Did a senior panel and testing her thyroid.  Gave her a shot of Metacam and she is on it orally for a week with food.  She had such an incident about a year ago.  Have had her on Glycoflex and now Lubraflex for years but guess that only does so much.  She is not really overweight--a little pudgy at 51 pounds.  When our regular vet returns from vacation, thought I'd inquire about acupuncture.

Any advice will be appreciated.  She is now at least walking some but with a limp.

Sally Russell

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4864 (20100213) __________

http://www.eset.com