[Dailydrool] Miss Angela says

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 1 08:34:58 PST 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop
 and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela has expressed her thoughts this week on various subjects
(between her very long naps)

While out  walking in our snowy, lovely local park, Miss Angela stops
frequently to sniff poopsicles left by other dogs.(she insists that I
pick hers up to keep them from souvenir hunters).  The presence of
these frozen nuggets makes her nostalgic for the days of the short-
lived North American Turd Hockey League and her tenure as coach
of the Prairie Poopslingers.  She was a young firebrand in those days
and adored devising offensive plays and defensive strategy.  Of course
she was not very good at it, but she loved it.  Folks here still proudly
wear the shirts.

Miss Angela has, out of necessity, become an alarm clock.  Since I am
retired, I never set my alarm.  In this cold weather, I tend to curl up in a
warm bed and sleep the night (and some of the morning) away.  Miss
Angela has become quite adept at figuring out when it is about 7:30 or 8
in the morning and coming upstairs to politely tell me that it is time to be
up and about.  A couple of times, she pushed the time to 5:30 or 6, but
when told to be quiet (politely, of couirse) she will lie down and get an
extra two hour nap.  When she does get me to stir, she waits patiently
while I clear my head, go into the bathroom to do my morning ablutions
and then we go downstairs.  I go out to get the paper and she goes out
to do her morning business and to make sure nothing has been changed
overnight without her permission.

Angel HATES the Dyson.  She has let me know in no uncertain terms
that she objects to the noise.  She may be right.  Has anyone noticed that
rugs (especially Orientals) seem to wear faster from the vigorous hair
removal by the Dyson?

Bill (Hey, Angie, is it time for a nap?)
Angela (You woke me up to ask me that?)