[Dailydrool] History of Turd Hockey

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 2 10:07:38 PST 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop
and Drool Diva or Wichita and Sedgwick County......and coach of the
Prairie Poopslingers.

For those relatively new to the Drool, let me give a short history of the
North American Turd Hockey League.  Turd hockey itself comes from
the Drool entries by a Michigan bassetslave named Zoe Lorca whose
hounds would bat frozen turds around her deck in the wintertime.  When
Zoe's eyesight started to fail, I decided to try to cheer her up by posting
the exploits of a cyber league of turd hockey playing bassets.  Angela
began the Prairie Poopslingers and we invited others to submit teams
as well.  I expected that we might have four or five teams and have a
round robin tournament of some type.  Well, I was shocked and amazed
when we had enough interest to create a sixteen team league, with
divisions in the north (the Frozen Puck Division) and in the warmer
south (the Desiccated Dung Division).   The response was overwhelming
and probably led to my inability to manage it.

Within a week or two, teams had formed, players were taunting one
another and a creative drooler had posted league and some team
tee shirts and sweat shirts on Cafe Press.  I made a schedule with
each team playing one game a week and the host team sending an
account in to the Drool giving score and details.  The season started
swimmingly with a full slate of games, all reported but one.  From
there, interest waned and by the fourth week, we was only getting one
or two reports a week posted.  The Poopslingers were spectacularly
unsuccessful due to a coach who had never before seen a hockey
game.  Miss Angela quickly lost interest.  I wore my tee shirts around
town and frequently got comments, chuckles and a lot of pointing and
snickering.  In general, however, the initial excitement died out and
the league petered out.  Probably my fault for lack of follow up.

Zoe Lorca has disappeared from the Drool.  I would love to hear
from her and Angela would love to hear from fellow artiste Fang.
Anyway, that's the story as I remember it.  It was a great burst of
creativity from Droolers for a while.  The T-Shirts are still available
from Cafe Press, according to their creator Kay (mom to King
GeorgeE Grunt.   And I can't see a poopsicle lying on the ice or
in a snow drift without a giggle.

Bill ( me have a short attention span.......ya think)
Angela (Ahhh  Fang wrote me poetry.  Not much of a left wing, though)