[Dailydrool] From Momma and Dadslave

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 16:10:21 PST 2010

The power of our droolers has just overwhelmed us, so many kind words, so many wonderful e-mails and cards, we thank you from the bottom of our basset-loving hearts. I will answer each and everyone, it will take some time, and I know that you all will understand. The gang here is in need of our love and support right now, Brudder Elwood has taken this this worst of all. He is on a constant seach for Ol Bob, he has the nose down working over time, going to all of Ol Bob's favorite spots, and the look on his face will break your heart. The rest of the gang is very quiet, Elder Clara--may God help me here, she is 14 1/2 now--just looks sad. Sister Daisy has taken it the best, trying hard to rally the troups, but not having much sucess. Brudder Jake has also been just glued to the floor. Ol Bob had chosen Jake as the new bellhound right after Jake came to us, and Ol Bob would give him the evil eye if he felt Jake was not howling up to his requirements. Jake feels the loss--so we are working overtime to let all of them know they are so loved and things will be okay here.
Many of you wanted to know what Ol Bob passed from--well, his age was the biggest factor, he got so sick so suddenly, stopped eating, stopped drinking, and only wanted to lay in the snow in the yard. But it was the look in his eyes that told the story. Bob was so tired, he felt awful, he told us it was time. As much as I said but maybe---I knew also in my heart it was time. When Casey left us we never thought Bob would last as long as he did, as she was his constant companion. Now they are together again with so many friends. Fey Fey woofed last night, said Bob had arrived, and was living up to his chow hound status--thank you Dawn-I needed to hear that. It was important to me.
Hubby and I have cried in each others arms over him, and I reminded Hubby that Bob hated tears, and now we needed to celebrate all the wonderful years with him. That we will do. Bob will be back home tomorrow.

Many many heartfelt thanks to all, we love you, and we so appreciate each and everyone of you--and as always, drool to all in need-

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts

Get Elder Clara's Cookbook today Support Senior Houndsabound
www.elderclaraeats.biz