[Dailydrool] No drool needed but-----

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 16:24:52 PST 2010

Momma here, Momma which is praying that the black cloud over this house will move on real soon. Today it is Elder Clara on the ailing list. But this story is more of one for our poor vets---we all know Elder Clara is one tough basset.
No secret this has been a tuff run of times, and this morning Clara had pooped(a serious poop that is) in the house--she was eager for her food bowl, but I loaded her with gas-x, a anti diareha pill and she motored on her merry way. I came in off the road and good gracious-her tummy was rumbling horrible.She didn't feel good at all. (keep in mind Clara is Clara here)--Well of course concerned (understatement) I knew I needed to get some meds in here right away. Clara is NOT a dog you can stuff something down her choppers unless you want to have nothing left but a stub of a hand mind you--so I have to get inventive. I load up a syringe with maalox, swing a piece of ham in front of her and as she went to grab it I point the syringe at her and pull the trigger. Got some in there,also got the wall, the floor, the rug. I reload. shake the ham and we do this again. And yet again. (By this time Clara was not happy).
Okay time to call Doc. Miss Rita answered the phone and she relates her condolences over Ol Bob, I say yes, thank you, new issue--its Clara. Now this lady has been with Doc forever, she is about to pass out on the other end, she listens and says hold on let me find Doc. Well Doc 1 has surgery going on, but Doc Andy is there-he is the Doc that tended to Bob Monday-he gets on the phone, says well, Debbie we are all thinking a reoccurence of pancreatitis, and we can do---I stop him at this point and said Andy---this one is 14 1/2---he all but choked--his voice raises and he says OH MY GOSH---(I can see this dear man cringe right over the phone)--I proceed to tell him she is not only old, she is cranky, she hates coming over there, ect. Bless his heart, he recalculates very quickly and says now, with this in mind, lets try her on some meds at home tonight and see what we have. I readily agree, and hear the relief on his voice. He reminds me that they are there and to call if I need anything-
This poor vet must of been sweating bullets-(I was) at another one of mine in trouble.
Tonight Elder Clara is on her perch, this med seems to be working, she is sleeping peacefully under my watchful eyeballs, and I am breathing a hopeful sigh of relief.
No drool needed we are hopefully under control-what ever that may be----but as always we send drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts

Get Elder Clara's Cookbook today Support Senior Houndsabound
www.elderclaraeats.biz