[Dailydrool] Unpredictable breed

Linda Wittig wittigs at live.com
Wed Feb 3 23:34:29 PST 2010

It seems my 2 hounds don't fit the "typical" characteristics of the basset. Buddy & Roscoe love to chase toys, almost always homemade and nothing with stuffing inside. But only indoors. On the rare occasion we find a dog park they walk the perimeter and smell. They love to play tug with humans and with each other. Roscoe now takes a toy to bed and barks at it, lifting it up and under the covers, barking at it as if to say "Why won't you play with me?" Thankfully, they would not qualify for the turd hockey, as I have never seen them practice this activity. They only eat when hungry, leaving food in their bowls. They will check out each other's food, but rarely eat the other's. And dadslave has trained them to be excellent beggars, so counter surfacing is a major activity in our house.
Linda, slave mom to Buddy (please play with me mommy) and Roscoe (please, please, please, can we go for a walk?)