[Dailydrool] Dog 1 and Dog 2

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:09:02 PST 2010

Tihs goes on at our house a lot, too.  Usually Barney is the "Starer"; i.e.,
Dog 2.  In spite of the fact that he soft marshmallow fluff most of the
time, he is actually the top dog here, we've decided.  He just rules with a
velvet paw (rather than an iron one), with only the occasional flash of the
steel encased inside.

Our champion starer-downer was, of course, Pw. Annabelle.  Even though she
was blind, her eyes had not been sewn closed, and her blind stare invariably
made all other dogs turn aside and slink away.....coupled, of course, with
the fact that she could and did back it up with extreme violence.

"
Dog 1 gets on the bed. Lays down at the head of the bed.
Dog 2 comes in, sees the bed. Dog 2 gets up on the bed, crowds dog 1 and
stares.
Dog 1 lifts his head, doesn't move, stares back.
Dog 2 gets down.

Dog 2 returns.
Dog 2 gets on bed, crowds Dog 1, stares and gets a verbal warning from the
Head Honchette.
Dog 2 stops staring, turns head.
Dog 1 has not moved a muscle
Dog 2 gets down.

Dog 2 returns and gets on bed.
Dog 2 stares at Dog 1.
Dog 1, who is at the head of the bed, gets down.

Dog 2 gets down.

Everyone sleeps someplace else.

MomPerson to Dog 1, Dog 2, Llewis and Cooper

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!