[Dailydrool] Need some advice

Elizabeth Harmon harmone at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 4 10:03:32 PST 2010

Hi Basset lovers,

I have been lurking here for some time, but this is my first post.  I love reading all the adventures of the basset variety, and I cry when a hound leaves for the bridge.  I've been there and done that.  They never leave your heart.

Now, I would like to ask for some advice from you folks.

I have a 3 year old basset named Maggie.  She came out of heat about six weeks ago and is now going through a false pregnancy.  She is producing milk and is just miserable. Her vet says there is a medicine that will dry up the milk, but I would like to know if anyone has any advice on how I can help her without medicine.  I give her aspirin to ease her discomfort.

Maggie is my third basset.  She is my puppy girl and I hurts me to see her so uncomfortable.  Also, I'm pretty sure she is a princess.  She has her own butler (my son) and her own bodyguard, (my  other son's black lab).  She rules the house with her stares and she looks down her nose at everyone.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Elizabeth
Food Slave to Her Royal Highness, Princess of all She beholds, Maggie