[Dailydrool] Freckles and Pete

Tammara Byers gcbassets at homenetnw.net
Tue Feb 9 13:35:44 PST 2010

I would like to thank everyone for their kind notes after our loss of
our precious Freckles,
It has helped to start slowly healing our broken hearts, although I
haven't been able to really let go and cry my pain out,  I know it is
coming.
To help along those lines I would like to introduce Pete, our latest
adoption from the wonderful Aunt Pat
at WABR.
Pete is now 5 months old and a joy to have around, sweet and cute as a
button,  destructive and curious as heck and a balm to our broken hearts!!
We have never had a buppy in our 18 years of marriage, always adopted
furbabies older than 8-10 months and all of them house trained, and for
the most part over the major chewing stage.
He is a hoot,  gets along well with Harley D,  plays like there is no
tomorrow but does take periodic naps through the day,  loves to fall
asleep right in front of the fireplace, empty bottles are his favorite toys,
is a wonderful snuggle bunny and has taken to falling asleep at night
curled up between our pillows,  that is something I never would thought
would have happened,  the furkids have always had their own beds right
next to ours,  but Pete is sleeping with us,  and that is a wonderful
thing to fall asleep to every night!!
His adoption picture is on the washington basset rescue happy homes page
if you would like to see a picture,
Our thoughts and prayers to those houndies in need,
God bless,
Tammara
forever momma to Harley D and Pete
Murphy, Freckles, Doozer and Douglas ATB
Grand Coulee, Wa