[Dailydrool] boswellia

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 10 20:14:19 PST 2010

At six years old your dogs hopefully will live at least another 6-8 years,
maybe more.  For young dogs like yours, I would give both Glucosamine and
MSM for arthritis.  Glucosamine takes a very long time to start working, but
it can actually repair joint damage over time, and in the meantime the MSM
will do wonders.  You can buy both at any pharmacy, including Wal-Mart, and
Wal-Mart carries a Glucosamine/MSM combination tablet.  None is very
expensive, and you might be able to find it even cheaper online.  On old
senior dogs like mine, I would not bother with Glucosamine because it takes
way too long to start working, I just give MSM for arthritis pain, it starts
working immediately and works very well.  Gracie's MSM only costs about $9 a
bottle, so I never bothered to look online.

SOD & Boswellia is what we're also using now for Gracie because she has a
torn ACL in her left rear knee, that means every step she takes is bone
rubbing on bone, and it's extremely painful.  The SOD & Boswellia
(recommended by Debbie Winchester, Sandi Wittenberg and Sandi Gaston)is an
excellent substitute for the prescription medications that are used for torn
ACLs.  SOD & Boswellia has no known side effects, and is really cheap, but I
would not use it for mild or even moderate arthritis, the MSM or MSM and
Glucosamine would be my first choice for arthritis.  Hope this helps.

Anita Woodrum
a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net