[Dailydrool] ears and health

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 08:21:31 PST 2010

Great day! Congrats to NEBHR's foster Molly on her ELEVEN!!! new
puppies!

Otis and Nelly passed their checkups today with flying colors. Ears
are happy, anals are clean, and the Bucking Bronco (Otis) was
wrastled--with the help of the vet assistant AND me--so that Dr Fiona
could get his proper manicure (argh). Even their innards seemed fine.
They both need dentals, but hey, February dental month means we get a
10% discount! Sometimes I think that the medical profession could
learn a lot from vets.

On another note, I recently read in Wall Street J--some cute weekend
article--that someone is nominating their bloodhound for Guiness World
Records' Longest Ears honors -- at 14 inches. Does that sound right? I
thought we had some bassets with longer ears than that! Otis's are
long, but not world-record. Seems like Guiness should be giving credit
where credit is due:  to a Basset!

Drool to those in need ----
Linda, with Otis and Nelly