[Dailydrool] Pill pockets, and Bo & Harley's yearly fundraiser--cheap, cute, and useful

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 20:06:20 PST 2010

I have discovered Greenie's pill pockets--wowie! Bo is taking 10 pills a day post hernia surgery between the meds. for his colitis, the antibiotics, and the stool softeners, and up until I discovered this product, Bo has been able to cheek and spit out about 1 out of every 3 pills. He's a real pro--he even waits until I'm not looking to discreetly deposit a pill behind the sofa. But he LOVES these pill pockets and swallows them practically whole, no matter what's inside them. I heartily recommend them.

Secondly, each year Bo and Harley insist on at least one fundraiser to help their brethren on the mainland. This year we are working to help out Western Missouri (Chris Bly) with their herd of ailing hounds. I'm making quilted eyeglass cases--surely you need a padded eyeglass case for your sunglasses (to shield your eyes from the snow?). Each case can have up to three animals appliqued on it--bassets (in sunglasses); and about a half dozen other kinds of dogs. Cats too. Chris has posted pictures on Hound's Bay under the Other items category. You choose the animals. There's a charm on each case too. I can't claim credit for the artwork--it's from a really cute piece of fabric I picked up on Oahu. And I apologize for my less than terrific sewing skills. But, hey--a case is only $5 ($3 for each animal after one); and they are pretty cute. My landlady loves hers (with a big orange cat on it). Check it out. Payment to Chris--details on Hound's Bay. Woof. Val,
 Bo (recovering--so far so good...), and Harley