[Dailydrool] intervetabral disc disease and a bob the dog report

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:54:34 PST 2010

well we know all about this disease

Bob had problems arount the 10th of november we tried the medical approach
at first getting better and then sharpley declining fast

on November 15 2009 he had a hemilaminectomy of T13-L1

Bob came out of surgury rated a paraplegic with deep pain perception intact
and was discharged 11/22
he also was cathetorized the hole time and came home with a severe UTI

he started underwater therapy very quickly starting as soon as he could get
his wound wet

we went 2 times a week to the underwater treadmill for 5 weeks took a couple
weeks off to regroup and started again..

Bob started about the first of february doing short walks and just today
went all the way outside , down the doggy ramp went potty and came all the
way back in with no assistance..

the surgeon had his doubts bob would walk again with his injury and age (he
is 11) but both Bob and me were very determined to prove him wrong..lots and
lots of exercising him and the underwater treadmill have really paid off..I
would make sure to see if that is available in yor area..I attribute all our
sucess to it..and the 24/7 attention I have given to bob..

Its not an easy journey..I guarantee you will be in tears on many
occasions..the words I can't do this anymore are gonna spill off your lips
more that you ever thought possible..and you will wonder where you will ever
find the money to pay for it all..but....the feeling yo uwill get when your
baby walks again makes it all worth it..and if by chance he doesn't you will
know you gave him all you could..

here is a video I made of bobs journey..I watch it and my heart overflows
with the love I have for him..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u91/cowbobdog/?action=view&current=bobsjourney.flv&newest=1

Bobby "I think I can" Nali

King Bob the DOg, Jasmine, Lenny & Lexie