[Dailydrool] Comings and goings

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 04:38:41 PST 2010

I'll be leaving in 24 hrs for the drive to Cleveland to pick up Earnest and Elliot (formerly Mister) from the seven seniors. We get to finally meet tomorrow night.

Barney will be making his next to last road trip (with the final one being his trip to the Rainbow Bridge). He's had a rough week with lots of vomiting. He's finally doing a bit better and slept well last night. We know about the tumors in his chest and I can feel something on both sides of his abdomen - either one very large tumor or multiple smaller ones. They are just off the midline so either involving or compressing the stomach. We've had a good run...he had his splenectomy in March of last year so almost a year. He made the move and will get to meet his new brothers this weekend. We are probably days or weeks away from the final trip but he makes the most of the time he has.

Wish us luck on the drive and a little drool that Barney can eat and stay comfortable for a few more days at least. He's a very special smooshy pile of love and every day with him has been a joy.

We send drool to those in need!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches, Dickens, and tomorrow-Ernest and Elliot
with Ace da Newf