[Dailydrool] Vectra 3D

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Sun Jan 3 09:40:00 PST 2010

Has anyone used this flea & tick product? The vet office recommended it for my 10 mo old Jack Russell mix and he bit and scratched and licked a lot and heis shedding and he wasn't before. He had one flea I found today after 4 weeks and 3 days . Haven't found any ticks. I have read some scary reviews on line about the product, which is only available from the vet exclusively. I used it because it was said to kill all kinds of pests. I bathed him 8 days after the use to be certain it stayed effective, not wanting to wash it away. I used Frontline for years on my Basset until after he had spinal surgery and I did holistic things instead. The holistic things I had done for him, didin't rid my puppy of fleas. Thus the vet treatments. I used Comfortis and then th Vectra a month later. I had a happy, playful puppy with some scratching before I had all the shots and vet treatments. He had so much, so fast that I can't tell what made him so miserable. He is finally pretty comfortable except for some scratching and biting. I wonder if the chemicals are wearing down and he is better. I don't want to make him miserable again. They are saying that Frontline and other treatments are losing effectiveness. Is anyone still pleased with Frontline? My Basset had no problems with it for 10 years with the spot application.