[Dailydrool] any thoughts?

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Tue Jan 5 14:32:52 PST 2010

Our boy Jacob has a tumor on/in his lungs.  It was pressing on his windpipe and with pred, it has shrunk enough to where he is not coughing and generally is doing ok.  I know we have just bought some time with the pred, but I will take it.  Jacob has been with us about 5.5 yrs and was a rescue.  He is now approx 12-13 yrs old.
What is happening, is that  Lucas, our newest boy has begun licking along his spine, just below the shoulder blades.    He has done this so much that there is a raw spot now, and there was none when Lucas started to do this.  I am wondering why he is licking Jacob there.  My first thought is he knows there is cancer down there and is trying to help.  Maybe that is a far out thought, but I have no other idea why he would have started doing this.  I have to watch and keep him from doing this now as I do not want Jacob to have a big sore spot from his licking.  I think I will put a tee shirt on my big guy and hope this helps prevent any more attention from Lucas.

We send healing drool and prayers to all needing some this very frigid day!

wen and the Bounders