[Dailydrool] drool and question

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:13:00 PST 2010

Sending emergency drool to Red Bay Opie on the snow blown wind to wherever
he may be.

Question as I am worried about one of my hounds. Maggie and Mazzie's
dachshund brother Oliver went to the vet's tonight for what we thought was a
mass in his neck. Turned out to be alot of swollen lymph nodes. The vet
aspirated it and did a slide under the microscope or whatever he does. He
told me that the lymphocytes are normal size for non-cancer. Now, silly me
goes looking more online and I found something that a vet stated only 50% of
her aspirations were correct. Has anyone had experience with lymph nodes in
the neck and the aspiration being correct?  There were no other swollen
lymph nodes in the bottom half of his body or bilaterally in the neck. There
is no ear infection or no tooth showing any issues at this time. No redness
of the throat. Oliver will be 3 at the end of this month. He has been ours
since he left his mother. Up to date on shots, heartworm negative, neutered,
etc. He is on clavamox for 7 days, then I call with an update. He received
an injection of an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory due to me telling the
vet he hacks after eating and then a few times throughout the day. No other
signs of illness. Just a couple of scared houndy parents. Thanks in advance.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,