[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's calendar day

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 7 11:12:57 PST 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of
Wichita and Sedgwick County

Today is Miss Angela's Calendar Day!!  I assumed that it would please her greatly to know that
her picture was being seen by thousands of people today.  Silly me.   First, in my haste to meet
the deadline when I got back from Indonesia, I just sent along an older picture that I already had
laying around.  I was just too lazy to take a fresh shot.  Mea culpa.   Second, Miss Angela informs
me that the picture was taken before her strict diet and weight loss.  She is now about 8 pounds
lighter than she was in that shot.     Third, apparently Angela has strong feelings about poses
from which side she is lit and photographed.  She claims that she NEVER liked that picture and
that I should have asked her before sending it.    I offer the explanation that I am not a professional
photographer and that she wouldn't hold still for the ones she has met.

Anyway, I'm in the doghouse (rhetorically) though, with the cold temperatures that we are now
suffering, she will still climb up into my lap for some close attention.  She continues to admonish
me that I should be walking her daily.  I have had a heavy cold for the last week and decided to
stay indoors.  I did drive her to doggy day care (or day camp as she prefers to call it) where she
put in a hard five hours trying once more to direct some pageant that she saw on TV from some
North Korean mass extravaganza.  No luck, so she had nearly barked herself hoarse by the time
I brought her home.

We have eased off on the diet a bit.  She got a ham hock after I had used it to flavor a pot of beans.
She found a whole (frozen) bologna and cheese on white bread sandwich in the street.  The fact
that the crusts had not been surgically removed did not deter her from rapidly devouring the whole
thing.  The neighbor, into whose home she used to be welcome and who always forgot that there
was food laying around, rescued a kitten and no longer wants Angela around.  At least until the
kitten is calmer and can be quietly introduced to Angela, that food source is cut off.

We send best wishes to all for the New Year, especially viscous drool for those in need and warm
thoughts to all Droolers.

Bill (down  five pounds from post Christmas high)
Angela (I really am MUCH better looking than that calendar picture suggests.  MUCH!)