[Dailydrool] Lucy and Basil

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Jan 8 13:47:44 PST 2010

LucyDear Melissa,

I can't imagine what you must be going through with the loss of both Lucy and Basil in such a short time.  I know that my heartbreak with losing Tucker, Teeka and then Ayla within 4 months of each other was almost more than I could bear.  My tears flowed freely as I wept for you and the heartache you are feeling.

The story of Lucy and Basil reminds me of "Where The Red Fern Grows".  Lucy and Basil's love was such a strong bond that Lucy just was not able to go on, no matter how much she loved her family.  I know that Lucy and Basil have been happily reunited.  Your angels will watch over and protect you until your journey on earth comes to an end and you are once again reunited.

I believe that the love we have for our babies is never ending.  The love surrounds them and lights their journey's way to the Rainbow Bridge.  The hole in our souls is filled with their memories.   The tears we shed provides the healing that holds those precious memories and the love in forever so they are always with us.   Their is never a love so great that does not cause pain.  Yet the pain caused by love is healed by that same love which only becomes stronger.

The memory candle was lit and special treats where given in rembrance and celebration of Lucy's life.  Hugs and loving kisses were given to my babies in honor of the great love that Lucy and Basil shared.

The gang is sending you Heart Comforting Drool and Soft Snooters.  You are in my prayers.  I am grateful that Hank is there to help comfort you.  Very special belly rubs and snooter smooches are being sent to Hank.

Karen and The Dog House Gang
P.S.  I tried sending this to your personal email but it kept bouncing back.  I did want you to know that we are thinking of you.