[Dailydrool] Humping

machonnold at yahoo.com machonnold at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 16:36:16 PST 2010

To make this Basset related, we had a doxie...closet thing to a Basset I had ever had until now.  Now for a little story to quote Elwood...

In 1975 my husband and I moved to a new community where he was the Jr-Sr high school principal. It was common practice for the staff to have an after football game party and it was our turn to host. New in town I was anxious to impress everyone with my hostess skills. House was perfect, food was great, bar was well stocked, kids were in bed...we had won the game...everything was going wonderfully....until......Murry, our mini doxie got out of his spot in the  storage room. "Oh such a cute little guy, let him stay".  Not quite sure who said those infamous words. Murry made the rounds getting pets and treats UNTIL he climbed up onto the couch, sniffed the leather jacket the local pharmacist was wearing AND started humping his arm! I was mortified!!!!  Murry was oblivious!!!!  Dave couldn't get off the couch fast enough. The next year they moved...Murry lived another 10 years but he NEVER attended another party and I always hung up any leather jacket worn by a guest (whether they wanted it or not).
Snooters,
Maggie. Mom to Hollyberry and Noah and Murry (ATB)