[Dailydrool] Breeding Bassets

Jeanette Wilson jwilson at humanesocietytampa.org
Mon Jan 11 07:29:32 PST 2010

Without getting on a soapbox about breeding, I will have to agree with Diane. I work for the local Humane Society and volunteer with Basset Rescue. There are too many homeless dogs - bassets included - and not enough foster homes. We are flooded with calls of people wanting to surrender their dogs for various reasons.

There is a saying: Breeders kill shelter dogs chances. I am also not trying to offend anyone, but please think long and hard before you breed.

Jeanette Wilson with Monte, Stella, & the cat trio.