[Dailydrool] Humping

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Tue Jan 12 08:07:09 PST 2010

For the last year, young Charlie (who is four and was neutered early
in life) has been humping our Elsinore (who was spayed at least seven
years ago) every time Elsinore and I roughhouse. He may be in another
room, but if he hears her play-bark/growl and me growling back at
her, he races in and starts humping her from the rear. It's pretty
disruptive to our game. Elsinore's good natured about it, but I get a
bit annoyed. I'm not sure why he's started doing this. She's always
been the dominate one, and that's not something he seems to be
unhappy about. He seems to be very happy to spend his life following
her lead in all things. It's just her playing rough with me brings
out something in him. Literally as well as figuratively.

Elizabeth