[Dailydrool] Albert the basset stud, and remember Emily Latella?

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 11:25:07 PST 2010

I have been reading the posts on breeding. I believe it was Sandi who said only one stud in twenty in her entourage could successfully mate without assistance and so she always used "Al". Well, I thought, "Wow, I wonder how she avoids in-breeding if she always uses the same stud--Albert/Alfred". Then other breeders starting writing in saying Al is the way to go as well. I thought, "Wow, that Al must be some guy!!" Then today someone didn't use abbreviations and I realized Al was artificial insemination. Punctured my image of that Al the superstud. Does anyone remember Emily Latella (Gilda Radner) from Saturday Night Live in the 1970's?.....I kind of like the image of Al the superstud....