[Dailydrool] not sure what I believe but this is the story

Heidi I Sarver hsarver at me.com
Tue Jan 12 16:11:05 PST 2010

A friend of mine, who is also a vet tech at the hospita; and who was
there when I brought Buford in for his final "visit" and assisted the
vet, called me yesterday to tell me about a dream she had.  The
subject line says it all--I'm not sure what I personally believe...I
WANT to believe in all of what may happen to each of us after we pass
from this world, but I'm not sure I have enough faith in myself for
that yet.  However, Leah's dream gave me comfort and more faith than
ever before.  She said,

"So I had this dream about Buford last night. I don't know why I had
it--I've never dreamed about him before.  I was in a lecture hall on
campus with him. I was talking to some people.  The room was filled
with young people or students--I didn't know them.  I looked down and
said in my dream "Where's Buford?  I'm supposed to be watching him!"
And then I looked out over the lecture hall and saw him running up the
side set of stairs against the far wall and then down the center
stairs.  He was young, he was happy and he was having so much fun."

I chuckled and said, "This is going to sound really weird but I know
where you were--you were in Loudis Recital Hall."  Leah said, "You
know, I think that's exactly where I was. But why would I dream that?
I was never in that hall with him."  I chuckled and said, "But I was!
MANY times when he was younger.  I would take him to band rehearsals
and let him run up and down the stairs meeting all the band members.
He got hundreds of belly rubs over the years in that hall."

Leah said, "But how would **I** know that?!  Did Emily tell me
maybe?"  (Emily is her daughter, who is in my band, and who house sat
for a long time for me before Buford became so ill.)  I said, "No. I
used to do this with him years before Emily was ever in band; long
before Della joined us.  He was only between 1-3 years old when I did
that.  I had him on campus first while I was housebreaking him and
then because he so loved being with the students."

Leah said, "Well I don't know why I had the dream--there's no reason
for it since I was never there, but I can tell you he was young, he
was happy and he was having the time of his life just running up and
down the stairs among all the students."

I hung up the phone, sat down and just smiled for a long time.  If
that is my boy's version of the bridge then I can move forward knowing
he's happy, healthy and in a place where he is safe.

--heidi, della and guinness the cat
--buford atb, walter atb