[Dailydrool] Gracie has torn ACL

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 13 18:02:02 PST 2010

Gracie was limping and not putting weight on one leg today and also
quivering (pain), so off we went to the Vet.  He says she has either a torn
or badly stretched ACL (anterior cru-something ligament) in her back left
hip.  Not good.  Since she is somewhere in the 11 to 12 age bracket (she's a
rescue, so it's a guess) and is just a tad. plump, shall we say. the Vet and
I agree we should try to manage it with medication for now rather than do
surgery.  Anyone who has dealt with this, we could use pointers, advice,
things you wish you had known, etc.  Thanks!!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net