[Dailydrool] Hills: a rant

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:19:03 PST 2010

Everyone thinks Hills is crap food. I had a Basset whose life it saved, no
question about it.
Hills doesn't pretend to be a high-grade forever diet. It is PRESCRIPTION
for specific problems.
No I don't own stock.
I just get tired of everyone shooting down a food that has merit for certain
problems, and actually helps quite a large number of dogs. Putting an
overweight dog on WD while you are taking off those first few pounds is not
going to poison the dog.
Give it a break, people. They do a lot in the way of helping your Vet learn
his or her skills via funding. Who do you think buys all that hotshot
equipment for the Universities? Hills does. Purina does. Drug companies do.
And it doesn't mean the food or drugs from those companies are awful.

Do you guys know what dogs ate when I was a kid? And lived?  Horsemeat.
HILLS horsemeat. One of the very first dog foods around. Strongheart, Milk
Bone. You know what was in Strongheart? Neither do I but dogs ate it and did
well. And don't write and tell me yeah but dogs died at 5--- yes they did,
because they ran loose, got hit by cars, got in fights, and there were fewer
vaccines. Who funded the development of those vaccines and the medications
that keep your dogs alive now? Hills did. Purina did. The drug companies
did.
And it used to be the only option. If your dog had kidney failure, there WAS
no other food out there  specifically designed to address the problem.
So give it a rest. Give the company the credit it is due. They've done a lot
more toward keeping our dogs alive and healthy over the years than 90% of
these other food companies.

MomPerson, annoyed yet again.