[Dailydrool] Purina, Hills, etc.

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:23:26 PST 2010

Purina (as well as Hills and the drug companies) helps fund a lot of
research in a vet schools.  Without this support, I'm sure a lot of the
advances in vet medicine would not have been possible.  In this area, Purina
still donates food to some area shelters.  As my vet pointed out recently,
he never heard about a food recall on Purina products.  Our dogs have done
well on ProPlan.

My shepherd Baby (atb) used to eat Hills Prescription Diet r/d.  Because of
thyroid problems, Baby gained a ton of weight and her coat was dull and
thin.  Baby shed the pounds and her coat grew back in beautifully (of course
the thyroid meds helped too).  Did Baby like the food? Probably not because
she tried to get the other dogs' food at times.

As far as the smell of the food, that's not an issue for me.  If
some dogs eat poop, then they shouldn't be picky about the smell of dog
food.  I don't know of any dog food that smells worse than that.

Strongheart - Oh I remember it well.  When I was growing up we used to feed
our dogs Strongheart.  I still remember their blue label with the regal
German Shepherd Dog on it.  The posting about the meat loaf made of
Strongheart was too funny. Wonder if there's a recipe on the interest for
that meatload????

Jan
Lady & Grace