[Dailydrool] Phantom smells?

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 19:51:57 PST 2010

Margaret Kinsman wrote:

> Has (or does) anyone have a hound that continually licks his bowl
> (metal) long after his (her) meal is finished?
>
> I don't know if this is a dietary defficiency or if he smells
> something in the bowl and thinks there is a possibility that there is
> more to be had.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't know about dietary deficiencies, but we have a hound that licks
metal.  She also *eats* metal.  She obviously likes the taste of metal.
We know this to the great detriment of our wallets.  We are practically
on a first-name basis with the staff at the emergency vet clinic.
Just a suggestion, keep an eye on your 'licker'!

Kathie G