[Dailydrool] phantom smells and Lilly ATB

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 07:20:28 PST 2010

My 5 hounds do the same thing about licking their sterling silver (?) bowls.
I think it is because they enjoy their food so much they want more. Just my
thoughts on my personal hounds. I go behind each one and pick up their bowls
as soon as breakfast or dinner is done anyhow to avoid any guarding issues
here of bowls as they all eat in different places. I also thoroughly
soak/clean their bowls once a week for quite sometime so it has nothing to
do with that. It is just their food bowl and not their water bowl as it is
made of the same stuff, but it is the one that is supposed to help so their
ears don't get wet. It helps with the bassets, but the mini doxies obviously
their heads are too small and if they turn just right they get a wet ear.

Our sincerest condolences on Lilly going to the bridge. As you stated, she
was pain free in her sleep in her favorite spot--something to be thankful
for.  I viewed the pictures of Lilly. My Maggie and Lilly look somewhat
alike. I wanted to say that I love that picture of Lilly that is Black and
White. Something to cherish always along with your memories of her. Hugs and
we will light a candle for Lilly tonight. Our human grandma died of CHF and
unfortunately she did suffer. Perhaps she and Lilly will meet up at the
bridge as Grandma was a basset lover too.  You are in our thoughts.
--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,