[Dailydrool] I gots a buncha things to say

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 16 16:09:15 PST 2010

...but then don't I always!

Dish lickin - all my guys do it - sterling silver (!) or not!  I have to hold Pete back from licking dishes that are still in use as he eats the fastest of my 5.  Everyone just seems to want to know if anyone else got something they did not or left something in the bottom of their bowl to share.  Also, if I don't pick the bowls right up, Pete burries them in the back yard so the Food Fairy can magically refill them and he can dig them up when he is hungry.   One pet sitter failed to pick up the bowls after breakfast and then buppy Pete burried 2 or 3 of them and almost TOTALLY ate 2 plastic ones.

Skunk - there is a wonderful recipe for de-skunking that is dish detergent, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda - if I can find the exact measurements, I will post them.  You have all heard the tomato juice cure, I presume.  Well, once a client of mine had a Golden Retriever skunked and did not have tomato juice, but she did have spaghetti sauce.  So the morning after a good skunking, I had a skunky/spaghetti sauce Golden to bathe - needless to say, both the owner and the dog were blondes!

One of the things people seem to forget is that dogs most often get skunked right in the face and cloth collars really need to be thrown away afterward - the scent just never washes out.  I got lots of dog bathing business out of skunky dogs whose collars were the culprit!

Just for fun - I found a Russel Stover Valentine candy box with a Basset on the cover at CVS today!  They only had one so I snatched it up but I will be on the lookout for more between now and February 14th!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , BASSETKU and  RESKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me