[Dailydrool] Floor Cleaners

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 18:55:16 PST 2010

I have a shark steam cleaner, the newest version of it.  It comes with 2
large rectangle cleaning cloths, a purple one for dusting wood floors, and 2
rectangle cleaning clothes for like bathrooms, and a carpet refresher.  I
LOVE THIS THING LIKE NO OTHER!!!

We got it at Sam's Club (a Costco type store) for $99 with all the nice
additions and updates from the previous model.

I did my research.  Saw good and bad reviews, but mostly good so we gave it
a try.  The 1st time I used it I just got done "cleaning" the floors with a
swiffer deal NOT.
That cloth was so dirty, then I just pop it in the washer BY ITSELF, then
hang to air dry.

I do vaccumm 1st! Then use this on my laminate floors(living room and
walkway and front of door), Tile (bathrooms 3), linoleum(laundry room coming
in from garage gets very dirty and this is where my hounds stay for the day)

The 5th time I used it I did miss the scent of cleaner.  Not strong cleaners
but just a scent.  I would say it smelled like a dentist office VERY
sterile.  The directions do say
not to add anything to the tank (which is bigger then before takes one take
for all floors downstairs and 1 tank for 2 bathrooms and landing upstairs)
.  I figured what would it hurt to add 20 drops of essential oil (choice of
scent) to each side of the cloth since this is where the steam comes out
from when it's attached to the plastic steam deal.
NOW I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!  I used rosemary and cedar before, it smells so
good even the hounds love it. The amount of steam that comes out is VERY
NICE!  It has gotten stains out of my linoleum that I couldn't get out. VERY
easy to use! Click the steam deal onto the stick and tank deal, then put a
cloth on, put the water in the tank plug in and you are ready to go.

I forgot to mention I also have 2 cats and a husband who somehow does not
know how to walk around the dirt spots after a snow strom when the ice drops
and melts from our cars and drags it into the laundry room.

I would NOT reccommend just picking up pittle spots with it or it will smell
like hot pee.  Not a great smell, but then if you continue to use it that
smell will linger in the house.  So if there is an accident, I pick it up
with a spray bottle and papertowells, then use the steam mop after all
traces are gone.

I give the Shark Steam Mop (NEW VERSION) 4 paws up!!!

I even moved the washer and dryer, vaccumed the treats and hound hair up
that wanted to live under them, but there were stains that I would have been
there all day with a mop and bucket, this thing picked it all up.  I wish I
took pictures of it before and after!

I love it and I have tried it all from swiffer, to bleach and mop and
bucket, to cleaning cloth with spray, to sponge mop, to hand and knees this
tops it all!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"