[Dailydrool] Question about oranges

Robin Wherley robindw at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 16:04:15 PST 2010

According to the SPCA poison control center website, oranges are ok, but it says,
"stems, leaves, peels, fruit and seeds of citrus plants contain varying
amounts of citric acid, limonin and oils, and these can cause
irritation and possibly even central nervous system (CNS) depression if
they are ingested in significant amounts."

Marquis loves clementines and didn't have problems. I eat half a segment, suck out the seed, then give him the other half. :)

Robin

and Marquis (the lab), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080960

and Roley (the mutt), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080964

and Franklin (the basset), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080965

and Chris, the dear husband :)

*Woof*

Can anyone tell mum if oranges are good for me? Please do! I love them! Discovered it during X-mas, but mum assumed I disliked it since their previous basset hound Oskar was afraid of the smell. But I sensed a touch of heaven! And whenever anyone nearby peels an orange, trust me, I am there! But then mum has heard that dog's should keep away from grapes and raisins and cocoa, and then she thought: what if this is poison to me too... but the world cannot be that unfair to me! In summer I pick berries from the raspberry bushes in the garden. Ah, how I miss them!