[Dailydrool] Sorta sad day

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:14:11 PST 2010

It's sorta a sad day for us today...all of our kids are fine..but we've come to the realization that Duke (our bloodhound) is getting old. He has started not to be able to hold his poo in the house.   :(

Twice this weekend he's pooped in the house. The first was really my fault, as I let Rosie out and DUke was standing there, but he was JUST outside, so I didn't let him out...then within 3 min he had pooped in the house.

But today someone rang the doorbell and I was holding him back while DH talked to the person and Duke was barking and straining to get closer to the door...I guess he was straining so hard the poo just came out. He didn't realize he had even pooped I don't think!

he doesn't poo in his crate or anything like that, but this happened to Albert too. He would poo and not know he was pooping and not realize it afterwards either. So hopefully this isnt' a trend and Duke will be around for a long time..but it's an interesting thing.

Has anyone else noticed this happening with their dogs?

Susan and the Tank Hounds
Duke, Rosie and Ozzie.