[Dailydrool] Congratulations and Welcome Belle.....

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 11:31:43 PST 2010

James--

What wonderful news!  Congratulations on your new girl, and to her for finding you.  Your long siege of Bassetlessness has officially ended!  You must take many pictures of the event so that we can all admire her on her arrival.

Perhaps, in the spirit of the South and especially Austin, you could call her arrival something of a Homecoming. Maybe you could get the UT cheerleaders to step out and offer a bit of entertainment?  I don't think the Longhorn band is busy right now...bowl season is over.  Perhaps the Governor and Austin Mayor might speak a few words?  There's an ex-President not too far away, he might be willing to drop by...

Or, why not call it her Debut?  All you'd need is a tiara and a few other young ladies of similar breeding and station and some handsome young men to accompany them.   Little canapes and crudites with a light champagne punch would serve as refreshments.  Perhaps a local string quartet or small orchestra could entertain?  You'd best dust off your tuxedo and practice your waltzing and bowing before the big day.   You don't want to disappoint.

Whatever you do, celebrate the occasion with lots of fun. love, and doggie kisses!  We look forward to hearing all about this.

Happy Drool to you!

Lisa Metzler
Penelope, Jasmine, Pelly, and Addie-Lou Roo

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX   toppogigio at yahoo.com     "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum     "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney