[Dailydrool] noses

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Wed Jan 20 16:27:50 PST 2010

I'm thinking it could just be something called "snow nose" that some dogs get while others don't.  It is a lightening of the pigment in the cold temps.  I know labs and samoyed both can have it yet all labs don't.  I had a male yellow lab whose nose was pure pink in the winter and now Daisy has a dark nose 12 months out of the year.  My friend that showed her samoyed said that they would use shoe polish at the shows so the dogs would have a black nose for the judges.

Hope this helps a little.

Dawn, momslave to Lucy and Lilly