[Dailydrool] Couple Utah Things

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu Jan 21 06:21:11 PST 2010

First, we have a basset in our care who was run over by a car and just left. A nice older couple found her and took her to a local vet, who wanted an exhorbitant amount to do X-rays. They couldn't afford it, so took her to the local shelter. She was there for a week, before our connection in the area found her. By the time she was brought to us, we had to rush her to the emergency clinic. She had broken bones and injuries to her pelvis and is now recovering from surgery. Our foster coordinator named her Patty, which has resulted in people calling her Pitter Patty and Patty Cakes. She is adorable and doing well after surgery and will walk again. How she lasted a week with her injuries is a question. Why they shelter didn't euthanize her is another. But we are just glad we have her now.
Secondly, Utah Friends of Basset Hounds is having a Valentine fund raiser starring our Forever Fosters.
These are older dogs and dogs with health issues that will never be adopted and are permantly in our care.
We have handmade Valentines dedicated to them for sale on our website. A large is a $10.00 donation,
small is $5.00, and an assortment of 2 large, 3 small is $35.00. This includes postage. As everyone knows,
the older ones seem to need more vet care, and we currently have Buster with Addisons (he is my foster
dog) and we are taking in another Addison's basset as an owner surrender in the next couple days.
If you want a unique Valentine for a loved one, please check these out. www.ufbh.org. You can see
pictures of our Patty there, too.
--
Marilyn