[Dailydrool] BUDDYDAWG

rgeyer5165 at aol.com rgeyer5165 at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 16:26:14 PST 2010

well, the long awaited results of Buddy's lab work are in, and they aren't
good...this test is 78% accurate and concludes that there is a bladder
tumor...now the big question is where to go from here...we can do an ultrasound
which costs several hundred dollars and is 99% conclusive, but does that
really buy us anything...Buddy is on previcox, and that would have to be stopped
until it cleared his system and then piroxocan would be started...i don't
understand how that helps--it is on my list of questions for Dr.Luke
tomorrow--as that is listed as an NSAID also, which indicates pain relief, but
nothing to shrink the tumor, yet it was explained to me as doing just that (i
think)...Buddy is about 13 years old and i'm wondering if doing nothing is also
a choice...Dr.Luke said that would give him 6-10 months, whereas the
results with treating were very good...another question on my list are the side
effects of piroxican...also there are stomach problems to be expected while
the previcox is being withdrawn...another option is to take him to the very
well respected animal clinic at the University of Pennsylvania for another
opinion...i am in such a quandry and haven't slept much since given this
information on friday...at the moment, he seems fine and like himself, with the
arthristis problems to deal with...can't imagine what he will be like without
the previcox while it is being withdrawn; i know he will be going down in
the back end despite an increase in the tramadol at that time...so my drool
family, please let me know what you think...like so many others on this list,
i count on you all...Rene'e