[Dailydrool] Crabbing and Snapping

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:47:32 PST 2010

We hope everyone has had a good weekend and a well one.  We are wild here in Illinois.  Have not seen the sun in about 10 days except for 30 seconds this morning so it is dreary and wet and muddy. With 16 paws to clean, it gives new meaning to wiping your feet.  The DH went and got several bales of straw yesterday to cover the worst of it.  At least for now, the paws are cleaner when they come in.

Yesterday, Ninja and Marley got into a major brawl over about three pieces kibble.  We all do the round robin check of the bowls at the end of a meal, usually without any trouble.  I think that Ninja wasn't quite done with her bowl when Marley came sniffing.  Niinja got really mad and tried to remove Marley from the planet. Literally.  It took three adults to pull them apart.  Ninja slipped her collar and Marley wasn't wearing hers so there was a lot of scruff pulling and screeching and bellowing.  Ninja does not like to give in so we had to hold her for quite a while.  Once she calmed down it was like it never happened.  Marley was rather bewildered by it all.  She is a grump but not a fighter.  Ninja is the queen and knows that she is always right.  Someone also bit the Dadslave on the thumb but as bites go this one is minor.  She is back to being her queenly little self.  She snoozed in the chair with the Dad almost as if to say how sorry she was for the dust up.  Maggie and Shelby were very quiet bystanders.  They wanted nothing to do with all that snarling and snapping of teeth.  The funny thing is that the boyslave who hates hair and drool was the one who came running in to help split them up. He really loves them a lot--just doesn't want anyone to know how softhearted he is.  When he thinks no one is looking, he gives Shelby full body massages and she just purrs.  She loves having her back rubbed. And her belly.

We are sending drool to anyone in need.  From the quiet, sleepy, not mad at each other Southern Illinois Girls.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the wild kitty boys with the Momslave